For many of you that have settled into a new home or started a family this year, you may be looking to start some new traditions with your family. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we’ve compiled a few ideas to inspire:
- Host a food pantry drive and ask everyone to bring a non-perishable food item.
- Ease into the day and spend a little quiet time with yourself before the family arrives.
- Set up a puzzle or board game station to keep the children busy while the adults are preparing the meal.
- Create a signature Thanksgiving drink (and non-alcoholic version so the kids can be included), such as hot apple cider and rum punch.
- Have everyone write the things they’re grateful for on a butcher paper tablecloth or on a large pumpkin that’s been painted white, or have them hang a note of gratitude on a “thankful tree.”
- Take a moment to remember your loved ones who have passed.
- Have the kids serve dessert.
- Take a family walk after dinner.